The 2018 WSF Championship event planning team headquartered at the Boar's Head Inn McArthur Squash Center seeks an Event Coordinator to assist with preparations for the event. This is a part time position, of approximately 5 hours per week, but will move to a full time position for the two weeks preceding the event, and the week of the event itself. The person in this position will be responsible for the management of UVA summer interns to assist in planning of the event. Essential job functions include:
- Research Squash and previous tournament websites to develop package ideas
- Prepare and maintain the "things to do" information for website
- Work with website designer to prepare attraction pages
- Create pamphlet/one-pager to present to vendors (online and/or print)
- Establish relationships with vendors
- Secure discount offers with restaurants
- Confirm tour packages
- Secure hotel room blocks
- Plan shuttle options for guests to travel throughout Charlottesville (Corner, Downtown, etc.)
- Social media Facebook page, etc.
- Budget management
- Fully execute event plans with the Boars Head and other vendors for kick-off/final ceremony celebration
- Travel coordination/Communication with guests: manage Q&A page on website and answer travel questions through email/phone
Sign Up For Job Alerts!